Georgia Atlanta Mission

Georgia Atlanta Mission

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"Bits & Pieces" from April 2014

April 7,  2014....

This week was really good  in spiritual way. Investigator wise it was kind of a slower week for us we didn't get to teach that many people cause it was spring break this week and a lot of people were gone but everybody is back now so it will be good this week.  Sadly,  we didn't have anybody come to conference.. It's okay, some did watch it online at home though which is just as good. We did have an investigator say he knows the church and Book of Mormon is true and he will be baptized. The bad part is he's in Philadelphia till the 18th so he will be dunked, just not for a few more weeks! But this week was good cause after hearing about Taleah I was super sad and I needed a lift. Then I got a text on Wednesday saying we were having a leadership mission council the next day and so that was just what I needed cause we got to go to the temple and I got to feel the peace I needed. And at mission council we talked all about faith and families and how we will be with our families forever and we need to find and baptized all these families but the message for me was just perfect! You can watch some videoes of us singing songs on facebook. I think President Harding put them on there. it was great and then for general conference to be this weekend as well was so awesome!! just a spiritual filled week!
 
Elder Hollands talk was soooo sick!!! He came out strong right from the get go talking about defending our faith no matter what!! But I think my favorite talk was by Bishop Gary E Stevenson about this life being our 4 minute race and however we perform here is gonna determine where we stand on the medal stand! go for gold!! and Presidnent Monson's on love was fantastic! But ya my second favorite was Dallin H Oaks talk on the priesthood!! He threw down like Bruce R McConkie would! It was so great!
 
But ya that was my week, not too crazy, kinda slow, but this week should be amazing we have a lot of great things planned and are gonna put some families on date to be baptized!!


April 14, 2014....

 
As for this week, it was an amazing one for sure!! Lots of crazy cool miracles that happened right to the last minute. So this week again we had some goals and summits we wanted to climb as a mission which was to get 10 member present lessons again and to also teach 10 pmg lessons to members! And I'm happy to say that my district accomplished it and as well as our whole zone!!  Its amaizng to see how much the Lord is blessing us for working hard and being obedient. We came down to crunch time so yesterday we needed to teach 4 more pmg lessons to members and 2 more member present lessons after church.. and we got all 4 of the pmg lessons done by 7pm and we got with our member at 730 and we only had an hour and a half to teach two people. We were driving around to see some potentials and formers and the Lord will always provide if we are working our hearts out and we found a former to teach and invite to baptism and that took us to 815 and then we drove across town and found a family outside playing some volleyball and it was just about to get dark so we ran over to them and taught the grandma of the family the whole restoration and it was funny cause she was super black and was into the speaking in tounges and so while we were preaching to her she was preaching to us then out of no where she just goes off for like 7 sec with blalifldviaifjaidfe hahah it was so funny but we got her to read the book of mormon! And we did it!!  When we finished that lesson it was 8:50pm!! right on time! So it was way cool. Then another one our miracles this week was that we tracted into this lady named Donna about 2 weeks ago and decided to go back on Tuesday and she was busy so the kid that was there came out and said "are you church people" and we said "yes".  So he said preach to me.. ha so we did:)  This kids name is Nikko. He's 11 and an amazing kid. It turns out that Donna is his grandma and when we were getting to know him he said "I've been through a lot in my life, more than what a lot of people have gone through. My mom died when I was 10 and my dad died when I was 11.... and now I'm livin here".  I almost broke down in tears. He said, "I really want a church to go to".  So we got to testify of the plan of salvation. but what was cool he said does your church do stuff fun? and we said well ofcourse kids your age have scouts and they go on  campouts and he just got so excited and really wanted to come. so we went back the next day with one of the scoutmasters and taught Donna and nikko the restoration and she said she was excited to read the book of mormon.  It was amazing to me that we were lead and guided to these 2, cause if there is anyone that needs the gospel its them.  I'm really excited for them! and yes Darrell is still on to be baptized when he gets back.  He should be back at the end of this week he's now like in the middle of the book of mormon! On Wednesday I get to go interview a couple for baptism so im excited for that! But that's what went down this week! We did have one of our investigators Mohamidoo Ahminoo come to church so that was good! But things are changing and its incredible to be a part of it!
 
A District Selfie!
 
April 21, 2014...
 
 My Easter was fantastic! We had a lot of great things happen yesterday! We were only able to have 1 investigator come. Things happened with the others that prevented them from coming but the sisters had 5 gators come! As for the ward, many people brought a lot of non member friends which was amazing cause our ward doesn't usually do that.  So we met some great people, some of which we will be teaching here shortly but during the day we got 6 member present lessons with investigators! That was amazing, then we went to Bishop Andersons house and had dinner with the sisters! Then we went to the Mounts house and had a second dinner and watched all the kids have an easter egg hunt so it was a blast! But the sacrament meeting was great, the speakers gave amazing talks and we sung with the ward choir so that was fun:) Sadly, I was not able to see Nikko this week but we did see his grandma! Nikko was at a cousins house when we saw her and she had read a few chapters and she said she liked it so far! We are going to teach them the POS this week and get them on date! We do have 2 people on date for the 17th of May!  Hopefully one of those that go through one is Evaline Boykin. The other is Richard Farley, a son of a member thats really less active. But something amazing that happened this week. throughout the mission we have been setting these weekly goals to help push ourselves and this week was to have each companionship to have 3 at church and as a mission to have 300. The most the mission has ever had is 200. But we as leaders really pushed everyone this week to get them to church and as a mission we got 302 investigators to church!!!! It's pretty cool to see how when you are exactly obedient and you work your butt off that you can accomplish the impossible! And our zone is killing it right now. We are doing great things.  The interviews I had this week were great. Their names were Jason and Rose Edwards and they got baptized on Saturday! That was good to see. I got to go on exchanges with the zone leaders this week and one of the Elders, Elder Erickson is my boy! I love that kid to death. He is so funny and he's been the one to really push me to my highest potential.  I was in his area this time in Kennesaw. I thought this was amazing, we went to see a less active couple that are trying to come back to the church. They've had a lot of issues with drugs but they are doing a lot better. But Bro Lawerence has a bunch of collectible things and because he loves us and we were making him have a good time he wanted to give us some things to remember him. He gave us like mint condition 2 dollar bills from 1963! But the coolest thing  he gave us were these half dollar coins. ( dad would love this coin)  its so sick! It is a rare specially made half dollar coin of stone mountain (which is a huge stone in georgia that has a carving in the side of it of the soldiers from the war) and its like the big site to see here.  On the front it has the soldiers and on the back it has an eagle and it says "memorial to the valor of the soldier of the south"!! We thought it was so sweet cause thats what we are the "Soldiers of the South"!! fighting this war. But the best part is this coin is from 1925!! I was very grateful of him and wish I could teach him more! But that was my week. I really tried to always think of the Savior this week and what he did for me and realize my faults that I have and to realize that without him I couldnt make it make and I am forever grateful for him and for what he did! I wish more people could try to think like that all the time, not just on Easter cause if we did this world would be such a better place! 
 
Easter Dinner   
 
April 28, 2104....
  
I can't imagine living without this gospel. This week I have really tried to focus on whats most important and my personal conversion of the gospel and every time I come to the conclusion that the plan of salvation is the greatest thing in the world. The fact that we know where we can go, and that not only can I live with my family that I have now for forever but my future wife and kids. To know that I will be with them for time and all eternity is the greatest blessings and it always comes back to families and the importance of the family. That's why satan has been attacking the family unit to disrupt and change what God has intended for us. But there's my speal on that:) haha. This week was amazing! A lot of good things happened. Its crazy to look back just like 4 months ago and see the dramatic increase of success that we have been having and its all a direct result from being obedient and working as hard as we can! We taught a lot of lessons this week and to a lot of new people that we have been finding so that's been fun.  We have gotten a lot of members to come out with us. They are starting to catch the vision I think or they just feel bad for us that we are on bikes so they take us out anyways. Either one I'm fine with it:) So good news about Donna and Nikko.  We still havent been able to get them on date but we got Nikko to go to mutual on Wednesday and then on Friday the ward was having a ward campout and Nikko went to that with some members and had an awesome time. We got to go in the morning to the breakfast and stuff so that was fun.  Then we got them both to come to church on Sunday!! It was amazing to get them fellowshipped in so easily. I felt like we did nothing:) but we also had Darrell Smalls come for the second week in a row! And, hes halfway through the book of mormon!  He knows its true and after this last trip to Pennsylvania and back we will get him dunked! So we are excited about that:) But other than that its just been super hot and I've been getting my color back so thats been fun. Today I guess there is supposed to be a big storm that is going to hit Alabama and possibly Georgia so we'll see how that turns out I heard it hit Arkansas and did some damage so we'll just pray for the best!
 
Someone caught himself a snake!
 













 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment