Georgia Atlanta Mission

Georgia Atlanta Mission

Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Bits & Pieces" from May 2014

May 5, 2014.....

 Good news!! Me and Elder Jensen are staying together another transfer together in C-Town!!! I'm I guess if its working why split it up? We have some pretty solid people we are working with now that will be dunked this transfer so I'm excited. Our whole district is staying the same so we are all pumped for that!  And about the storm, it was a pretty good one we didn't see the sun for 3-4 days but once it came out it has stayed the past 2 days its been like 85... and its only getting hotter... ya the humidity has been kicking in full force! But ya the bike has been treating me very well I'm starting to finally slim down since I've been on it I've lost about 13 pounds so Im happy about that I need to cut some more fat then Ill be happy!  

But as for the work goes, it was a pretty slow week for us this week, not a lot happened. We had a lot of members busy or out of town so they couldn't come out with us so we had to cancel quite a few appointments but we still did a lot of good things and found a lot of people on our own efforts. And I don't know if you remember Tyrus Dorsey, but I've been working with him since I got here and have never gotten him to commit and we dropped him for about a month but this past week and a half have been meeting with him often. He's had a lot of stuff come up in his life lately that has changed a lot and we finally got him on date for the 24th!!! So that was our success for the week and he is committed.  He was saying at work he is already telling people he's mormon so that's great! But that's about it. 


The "Dynamic Duo"!!

May 19, 2014...

  It was an alright week for us this week. We had some really good things happen for us it was just really slow due to weather and lots of rain that hit us that made it difficult to get out without members. But it was good.  We worked a lot on Tyrus making sure he is ready for the 24th! and we think he is. We are having dinner with him in the Mounts house tonight so that should be great! and we got Donna and Nikko on date for the 31st which is amazing. We had an awesome lesson with them and taught the plan of salvation perfectly and answered a lot of her questions about it. So I was excited about that and then on Thursday I had the opportunity to interview the sisters in our wards investigator for baptism.  Her name is Glenda Davis or "Cricket" is her nickname.  She is awesome and so funny! And then she asked me to baptize her! So that is who I had the privilege of baptizing on Saturday.  It was amazing to get back into the water! Everything went well for that. Funny story about that, so Elder Jensen popped his tire about an hour before the baptism so we had to walk 30 min back to the house and then we realized the sisters didn't have a key to the font to fill it up so we had to be there asap! So in our suits and our bags, we sprinted a mile, suit and all:) haha we probably looked so weird but that's the fun part about being a missionary/  You can do whatever and not feel weird! So I can say that I've ran a mile in a suit;) But on Friday we got to go to Zone training meeting and go to the temple and this was one of the most spiritual times I've had in the temple, seeing my prayers be answered.  Elder Jensen and I went fasting for a certain member in our ward who.s had a lot of things happen to him the past weeks and then I went with a question I wanted answered and right when I got in the chapel waiting room  Isaid a prayer for an answer and I picked up the bible and opened it right up and the first page I turned to and verse I looked at was my answer! It was amazing! I think it was the first time Heavenly Father answered me so fast. Then after the temple, in the meetings we got a text from the member and our fast was answered!! It was amazing! The power of fasting is so real! That was the first time I've had a real experience and a testimony builder of fasting! So Friday was a very good day for me. But that was it for me.  This week should be amazing with Tyrus' baptism. Pray for him, that it will happen! 
 
Nothin' like a baptism!
 May 27, 2014....

Its finally done! They have been sealed for time and all eternity gosh that's crazy to think about. And I bet it was pretty hectic but it looked like a blast. I wish I could have been there but hey I was kind of there ( I'm not gonna lie I still look pretty dang good even on cardboard) haha I loved the pic with all the kids doing the Heisman. That one made my eyes a little watery but I'm glad to hear you like the text from Bro Mount.  I thought it would bring some comfort!  I was thinking a lot on my temple experience and I was amazed on how fast answers can really come and that was definitely a first for me.  It is so nice to put everything off to the side for these 2 years and not worry about the world and the news and sports (even though I think about sports often) Its nice to just give your all to the Lord for this short amount of time and I'm realizing how short it really is with only one more month to my year mark. Its incredible how fast the time goes by. But as for this week, it was 1000 degrees all week long, it sucked! And most the time we were walking cause we didn't want to go and get Elder Jensen's bike fixed, but we finally did. But it was hot! In regards to Tyrus, the reason why we had to move his date is because on Wedensday night he had some things come up with roommates and he was super stressed out so to calm himself down he drank a winecooler... ha so we rebuked him for that but he is still good and he is getting baptized this Saturday!! We have been seeing him everyday so he is doing good. Elder Jensen was actually super sick yesterday and we were inside all day and so Tyrus brought him medicine and brought us lunch and dinner! So, he is still doing great and he is excited for the baptism! Then some more good news, Darrell Smalls, who we thought was gonna be out of town for 2 more weeks came back this week! So we got to see him and finalize things and help him with his smoking .  We were with a member and the member gave him a blessing to help with it! So we moved his date up to June 7!!  Hopefully we'll be splashing for 2 weeks in a row which will be amazing! Donna and Nikko are doing great. We saw Nikko twice this week. Donna has been sick in bed all week so we couldn't see her and they didn't come to church on Sunday so we had to take them off date. But they are still doing good. Other than that it has just been a crazy week of me being sick with a cold for 3 days in the beginning of the week and having to work through that and then our big finding day was going to be yesterday but Elder Jensen looked like he was going to die! He's feeling a little better today so I got a lot of studying done yesterday and I got to write another poem. Ii think its pretty good! I'll send it in another email but it was a good week super hot but this week should be amazing just working hard and seeing results its amazing!
 

Give me this Mountain
 
 
Give me this Mountain
Said Caleb of Old,
giving all that he had to God,
and seeing what he would unfold.
In the world we are in
God will push us to be our best.
Knowing our true potential,
He's going to put us to the test.
We will have good times, of course
But on the days of hardships and trials we'll see,
He is making us into
The children of God we can be.
We may sometimes say...
"I can't do it", "I give up", " Its to hard",
"Its not worth it", "I quit".
That's what Satan wants us to say!
If we put our trust in God
And we do all that he asks
He will show us the way!
You can do this! You can make it!
Never say never,
Keep moving forward,
Don't stop and don't quit!
With each mountain we have to climb,
We may never know the reason why
He only said,
It will all be worth it in the End.
I hope we can all say:
Give me the strength to fight,
Give me the wings to fly,
Help me know where I need to go,
Help me follow the truth and light.
I'm ready for the challenge,
I'm on the front lines of battle,
With faith in God, I will not fall.
So...
Give me this mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment