Georgia Atlanta Mission

Georgia Atlanta Mission

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My Testimony

June 1, 2015...

My Final Testimony,

The time has finally come. Who would have thought it would already be here. At times it feels as though I have only been here a few weeks and at times it feels like its been a trillion years since I've been home. But all I can say is I would never trade these past 2 years for anything. I have found myself. I know who I am and more importantly I know who my Heavenly Father is and my Savior Jesus Christ and I know who I can become, and that one aspect changes everything. I am grateful for the eternal perspective the gospel brings into our lives, from the Plan of Salvation we can know our eternal destiny. And with that Destination in mind it will and should mold our desires, decisions, and our will to move forward in life. and I am so grateful I have finally understood that the most important thing we can learn and understand is that through Faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement, constantly repenting and changing those things in our lives that are holding us back from progressing. Being Baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God, to receive a remission of our sins. and after being baptized we must always return to church each week faithfully and partake of the Sacrament and renew those covenants that we made. To receive the Holy Ghost in our life, the greatest gift we can receive here in this life, and to have it as a constant companion to be lead and guided everyday in our life. And to have that we must focus on the little things, daily individual and family prayer, studying the scriptures daily, and a desire to go to the temple often to receive that revelation and personal connection with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. If we can take this route and endure it faithfully have a perfect brightness of hope every single day that we wake up. Knowing our true divine nature and role in this life as a Son of Daughter of our Father in Heaven and to have charity with all those that we come in contact. I know that we will one day have Eternal Life and live with our Heavenly Father, our Redeemer Jesus Christ and with our Families Forever! What more could we want?  

I have experienced that "Change of Heart" which Alma talked about and I have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, and want to share it with the entire world. I know that I was supposed to serve here in the Georgia Atlanta Mission. I have found and touched people that God sent me to for a reason. And these people will always be in my heart, I love them so much and they have changed my life forever. But here in our mission we call this mission the M2 and we are preparing for the M3. I feel as if I have sufficiently prepared myself now to start this new Mission, the M3! I am ready for the challenge, I am ready for change, and I am ready to show my Father in Heaven that what I have learned I can put it to the test. I know it won't be easy cause nothing is in life. But I do know now that its possible for everyone. If we can hold on to the Iron Rod, and never let go. Be Faithful, and Be Obedient to the rules and guidelines set forth to keep us safe and protected from sin and pain. we can all make it, that is when you find eternal joy and happiness. That is when life becomes easy and your yoke is lifted because you are letting the Savior into your life. 

I love this work it has changed my life. and I know that if we lose ourselves in it, we will find ourselves. We will find who we really are and who we can become. I have studied rigorously the life and teachings of our Savior for the past year or so and I have found him. I know that he lives, that he knows each and every one of us personally and suffered for each of us one by one to make it back to Him. He is our Friend. He is the Great I Am. He is Everything. And if there is one thing that I know is that His Grace is Sufficient for each one of us. I want to close my testimony the same way Moroni closed his and say "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind, and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God." I bear my testimony that this is true, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With all my Love,
Elder Josh Anderson

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Elder Anderson! It has been wonderful to follow your missionary experiences in Georgia through your blog. Best wishes for your amazing future as a "Returned Missionary" who has served with honor!
    Sister Tenney aka "Sam's mom" :)

    ReplyDelete